суббота, 12 сентября 2026 г.

THE VERB "TO BE" in the Present Continuous Tense

Глагол "to be" в настоящем длительном времени (Present Continuous)

Что такое Present Continuous Tense?

Present Continuous (также называемый Present Progressive) описывает действия, происходящие прямо сейчас, в момент речи. Он также может описывать временные ситуации или запланированные действия в будущем.


Структура Present Continuous

Формула:
am / is / are + глагол + -ing

ПодлежащееФорма "to be"Глагол + -ing
Iamworking
He / She / Itisworking
You / We / Theyareworking

📝 Глагол "to be" как вспомогательный

В этом времени глагол "to be" используется как вспомогательный (помогающий) глагол. Он несёт в себе время, а основной глагол несёт смысл.

Примеры:

  • ✅ I am reading a book. (am = вспомогательный, reading = основной глагол)
  • ✅ She is eating lunch.
  • ✅ They are playing football.

🔧 Полные и краткие формы

Полная формаКраткая форма
I amI'm
You areYou're
He isHe's
She isShe's
It isIt's
We areWe're
They areThey're

Пример:

  • I am working. → I'm working.
  • She is sleeping. → She's sleeping.

⚠️ Правила правописания при добавлении "-ing"

ПравилоПример
Большинство глаголов: просто добавьте -ingplay → playing
Глаголы, оканчивающиеся на -e: уберите e, добавьте -ingmake → making
Глаголы, оканчивающиеся на согласная + гласная + согласная: удвойте последнюю согласнуюrun → running, sit → sitting
Глаголы, оканчивающиеся на -ie: замените на -y, добавьте -ingdie → dying

❓ Отрицательная форма

Структура:
am/is/are + not + глагол + -ing

ПодлежащееОтрицательная форма
Iam not (isn't) working
He/She/Itis not (isn't) working
You/We/Theyare not (aren't) working

Примеры:

  • I am not going to the cinema.
  • She isn't watching TV.
  • They aren't listening to music.

❓ Вопросительная форма

Структура:
Am/Is/Are + подлежащее + глагол + -ing?

ВопросОтвет
Am I working?Yes, you are. / No, you aren't.
Is he sleeping?Yes, he is. / No, he isn't.
Are they studying?Yes, they are. / No, they aren't.

Пример:

  • Are you watching the match? — Yes, I am.

🕐 Слова-маркеры (указатели времени)

Эти слова часто указывают на Present Continuous:

  • now (сейчас)
  • right now (прямо сейчас)
  • at the moment (в данный момент)
  • at present (в настоящее время)
  • look! / listen! (смотри! / слушай! — как маркеры внимания)

Примеры:

  • Look! The baby is crying.
  • We are having dinner at the moment.

🔄 Сравнение: Present Simple vs. Present Continuous

Present Simple (регулярные действия/факты)Present Continuous (сейчас/временно)
I work every day.I am working right now.
She plays tennis on Sundays.She is playing tennis at the moment.
They live in London.They are living in a hotel temporarily.

Task 1: Fill in the blanks with the correct form of "to be" (am / is / are)
  1. I __ writing a letter.
  2. She __ dancing at the party.
  3. We __ eating breakfast.
  4. He __ fixing his car.
  5. They __ walking to school.
  6. You __ making a lot of noise.
  7. The cat __ sleeping on the sofa.
  8. My friends __ swimming in the pool.
  9. I __ studying English now.
  10. The children __ playing outside.

Task 2: Put the verbs in brackets into Present Continuous

  1. Look! The birds __ (fly) in the sky.
  2. Listen! Someone __ (sing) next door.
  3. I __ (read) a very interesting book at the moment.
  4. We __ (wait) for the bus right now.
  5. She __ (cook) dinner in the kitchen.
  6. The students __ (listen) to the teacher.
  7. My dad __ (wash) his car now.
  8. They __ (play) a video game together.
  9. The phone __ (ring). Can you answer it?
  10. It __ (rain) outside.

Task 3: Make the sentences negative

Example: He is reading. → He isn't reading.

  1. I am working. → ________
  2. She is watching TV. → ________
  3. They are playing football. → ________
  4. We are having lunch. → ________
  5. The dog is barking. → ________
  6. You are listening to music. → ________
  7. My mother is cooking. → ________
  8. The boys are running. → ________

Task 4: Make questions from the sentences

Example: He is sleeping. → Is he sleeping?

  1. She is reading a book. → ________
  2. They are dancing. → ________
  3. I am learning English. → ________
  4. We are going to the park. → ________
  5. The teacher is explaining the lesson. → ________
  6. You are wearing a new jacket. → ________
  7. His brother is working in the garden. → ________
  8. The children are drawing pictures. → ________

Task 5: Choose the correct option

  1. She (is / are / am) writing an email right now.
  2. They (is / are / am) playing chess.
  3. I (is / are / am) listening to the radio.
  4. We (is / are / am) having a lesson at the moment.
  5. He (is / are / am) cleaning his room now.
  6. You (is / are / am) looking very happy today.
  7. The birds (is / are / am) singing in the morning.
  8. My sister and I (is / are / am) painting the wall.
  9. The baby (is / are / am) crying again.
  10. It (is / are / am) getting dark outside.

Task 6: Put the words in the correct order to make sentences/questions

  1. is / she / reading / a / magazine / now → __________________________

  2. are / they / playing / in / the / garden → __________________________

  3. am / I / not / feeling / well → __________________________

  4. is / he / watching / the / news / at / the / moment → __________________________

  5. you / are / listening / to / me ? → __________________________

  6. is / it / snowing / outside ? → __________________________

  7. are / we / studying / for / the / test / right / now → __________________________

  8. what / are / you / doing / now ? → __________________________


Task 7: Rewrite the sentences in the Present Continuous

Example: She reads books. → She is reading books.

  1. I drink coffee. → ________
  2. He watches cartoons. → ________
  3. We play tennis. → ________
  4. They eat pizza. → ________
  5. My sister does homework. → ________
  6. The students write a test. → ________
  7. The children sleep. → ________
  8. My father drives a car. → ________

Task 8: Correct the mistakes (there is one mistake in each sentence)

  1. He are eating breakfast now. → ________
  2. I is watching a film at the moment. → ________
  3. They is playing in the park. → ________
  4. She am reading a newspaper. → ________
  5. We are go to the cinema now. → ________
  6. Look! The cat is sleeps on the sofa. → ________
  7. Are he coming to the party? → ________
  8. She isn't play the piano at the moment. → ________

Task 9: Answer the questions (full answers)

  1. Are you studying English right now? → ________
  2. Is it raining today? → ________
  3. Are your friends playing outside? → ________
  4. Is your mother cooking dinner at the moment? → ________
  5. Are you reading a book now? → ________

Task 10: Write sentences about what people are doing in the picture (imaginary or real)

Describe 5 actions happening now. Use Present Continuous.

  1. __________________
  2. __________________
  3. __________________
  4. __________________
  5. __________________

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Глагол "to be " в настоящем времени  (Present Simple) 📘 Спряжение глагола "to be" в Present Simple Полная таблица спряж...